Databases are online repositories of information that are created by a publisher for a specific purpose.
Search Engines are online vehicles used to search the World Wide Web.
- Search the World Wide Web
- Unlimited results
- Results from websites
- Results lack authority control (risky!)
- Results created by anyone
- Generate profit through selling ads
- Search “closed” collection
- Results are more focused
- Results are from scientific publications
- All results pre-selected based on legitimacy
- Product of International research community
- Paid subscriptions/no ads
Swedish Institute Databases: library.swedishinstitute.edu
For instructions on how to access the these databases from home please visit the library and ask the library staff.
- Nursing and Allied Health
- Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies
Other Research Tools
Swedish Institute Library Catalog:
Search our many classic titles as well as current textbooks, Journals, DVD’s, and other print options on Cybertools.
NYPL Resources: (must have NYPL Card to access – see library for details)